Thursday, January 15, 2015
Action Research Questions
How do you communicate your action research with your student and their parents?
I have just talked with my students about my research about the iPad in the classroom.
How do you communicate your action research to you administration?
I have mentioned it to them, but there has not been much inquiry about it.
What do you hope is the outcome of your action research?
My hope was that the iPad was a valid and useful purchase. My school is 1 to 1 iPads.
How do you plan to sustain what you have started?
The projects that have been beneficial to the learning process will be kept. I will continue to add 25-50% use of the iPad in my classroom.
Who or what has been the most helpful resource for your work?
Being able to talk to our digital learning committee. I have many teachers that I can go to ask about good apps, questions and brainstorming.
How do you involve your learners in action research planning?
I have given google forms to have them answer questions about what devices they prefer for certain projects.
How do you see your action research impacting your teaching?
I feel that it has brought me closer to the 21st century technology and learning.
How do you see your action research impacting your students' learning?
I feel like it makes it more interesting for them and another opportunity to create, but with a technology medium.
What evidence do you have that supports your action research?
I have gotten evidence that proves that there are both positive and negative, but it has become more specific for me to be able to decifer when to sue the iPad and when not to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on your Action Research! It is interesting to hear how it is going. You mentioned that you are hoping that the outcome of your research will show that iPads are a valid and useful purchase. Today I was part of Technology Integration Networking Meeting. It is always very beneficial to hear what other districts are doing and using. Many of the districts have iPads but are now looking at what to do in the future...stay with iPad, Chromebooks or other device. What is the biggest value or benefit you have used or seen from use of iPads? At the Networking meeting, one person shared apps they recently used in a PD training, just thought they might be something of interest to you. adobe voice
ReplyDeleteinstagrok- search
haiku deck
iMovie
Canva
Hi Monica, thanks for the app suggestions. A few of these I have not heard of so I will need to check them out. I do think that have some type of device 1 to 1 is incredibly beneficial, but unfortunately have only had the iPad to learn from. I am very curious about the Chrome book. One of the biggest things my kids complain about is the typing is difficult on a tablet. I think initially the plan was to get rid of the computers since we would have the iPads, but when the kids want to write a paper they prefer the computer. The iPads have made it easier to be textbook free, paper free, flipped classroom and tons of apps to use. It is beneficial that it has a camer/recording device. A lot of people really like that. I just don't know how comparable a Chromebook is, but I would be curious about it if you do any research. Thanks again for the suggested apps.
ReplyDeleteI always find it interesting when technology is a subject of discussion, because it seems no matter what, like anything, there are always positives along with negatives. Ultimately, I'm certain we all would say that technology is overall a positive. Do you ever feel like we're always looking for a magic bullet and don't give other avenues enough time? I sometimes feel, whether technology is included or not, we don't give enough time to adequately try something out. Considering the different "pieces" you've used in your research, what are you most pleased with and will you continue to use it as is, or change it in some sort of way?
ReplyDeleteI am most pleased about being able to defend the iPad as a learning tool with many examples than the assumption of handing a student a toy. I have found and continue to find countless ways to use the iPad and the many apps available.
ReplyDeleteI do feel that technology needs to be available to students whether that be through 1 to 1 devices or having a computer lab in your school. I feel strongly about posting work on your website so that it is easily accessible to students to help with communication and efficiency.