Monday, January 12, 2015

Entertaining an elephant last chapter

If I were to write the last chapter of the book it would be Week 3, day 2. Mr. Reaf was at home reading the students writings about the quote "The future will depend on what we do in the present," by Mahatma Gandhi. After having an successful reading of his students he will write is own paper reflecting on what is currently happening in his life. He would then take the writing and share it with his class, emphasizing the changes he made with the help of Louis. I would have liked to see Louis running an after school program with middle school to high school students So, this chapter would then reveal that he was cut as a janitor, but was given a new opportunity in the school district to help young people. It saddens my heart to think that such a kind soul would be homeless, so I would rewrite the ending. I would also have written that Louis left Mr. Reaf a number to call so that they could catch up every once and awhile and talk about the reading in the new literature book for next year. I imagine them having coffee at a table as equals and as friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment